Copi Spicy Fish Burger
- 1 lb. minced very cold Copi
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaf
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ancho powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 3 ½ Tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs
In a large mixing bowl, combine Copi, salt, paprika, oregano, chipotle, ancho, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Mix vigorously until the mixture becomes firm and elastic.
Add water and unseasoned breadcrumbs. Mix to combine.
Form into patties and coat with panko breadcrumbs.
Fry in a hot sauté pan with a thin layer of oil until the burgers are crispy on the outside and cooked through.
Serve on a bun with lime and green onion mayonnaise (recipe below), lettuce, tomato slices, and onion slices.